Saturday, May 23, 2009

Never would have made it

Two years and some months.

Healing. Forgiveness.

The bitter sting is gone. But the memories remain. Reminders of the pain and shame.

Yet, I am not bitter. I was very bitter, angry, hurt, and rejected for a few months. But God. Too many prayers and promises hanging in the balance.

However, when someone shares what they are experiencing which sounds so much like what I went through, tears flow. Prayers and encouraging words are offered.

Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God. ~ 2 Corinthians 1:4 (Amp)

What has changed in two years and some months?

True repentance? Only God knows the heart. Who am I to judge?

I have changed, though.

Never would have made it without You...
I'm stronger.
I'm wiser.
I'm better.
Much better.
When I look back over all You brought me through, I can see that You were the One that I held onto.


No comments:

Post a Comment